Care Package From the Sista!

Posted by Sarah Robertson on Saturday, October 30, 2010.

The weather has been so wonderful lately, it is finally cooling down here in Northern California.  I’ve switched over to hot coffee instead of iced & have been baking up a storm which makes it official in my book, it’s finally fall! I’ve been making quite a few different things but my favorite creation so far was a cake that I made to celebrate game two of the World Series.

Behold the Giants cake aka a giant orange edible baseball:

72215_166417850052818_100000538111068_467350_306766_s

(This picture was taken with Derek’s crappy camera phone so it’s kinda blurry but you get the idea.) When I made this cake the Giants won.  Today I didn’t bake at all & sadly they lost so I may have to bake some sort of Giants themed creation for the rest of the series!

Yesterday morning I got a surprise in the mail from my twin sister.

033

She works at a Natural Foods Co-op about 40 miles from where I live & I’m always telling her how much I wish we had a place as awesome as her work to shop at around her so she sent me a box of her favorite goodies.

021

In the mix

  • A 4 pack of Pacific Foods Vanilla Almond Milk
  • Two Lara Bars
  • Two individual packs of Justin’s Nut Butter
  • Oatmeal flavored animal crackers for Bella
  • Crofters Super Fruit Spread
  • Dagoba Chai flavored chocolate bar
  • Once Again Peanut Butter
  • Late July Vanilla Bean & Green Tea Cookies
  • Sunspire Almond Butter Cups
  • Ground coffee
  • Energy bites from the bulk bin

…and probably what I was most eager to try

022

Cheezy Kale!!

I’ve always wanted to try kale chips sprinkled with nutritional yeast but could never stomach paying for nutritional yeast before trying it. That stuff is expensive & I have been forcing myself to be a bit more thrifty lately. They were awesome & I can’t wait to make them myself.

I’m trying to think of what I should bake for her now, I really wasn’t expecting a package with this much stuff in it. So far on my list is almond butter cookies & macaroons! Derek’s dad saw the package & was kinda teasing me for it. He thought I called her & said I was going hungry or something!

My sister and are twins & are super close but are complete opposites. One of the biggest things that we have in common  has to be our love for “different” foods as some people would call it (I don’t think the things we eat are that different from other people but whatever.) Anyways, I guess this is just one of the ways we can bond while still living an hour away from each other!!

l_ed51818402d7fbd4df54e2d5e8685242

No Responses to Care Package From the Sista!

Leave a Reply