Whole Grain Peanut Butter & "Jelly" Pancakes

Posted by Sarah Robertson on Saturday, August 7, 2010. Filed under: , , , ,

I'm tired. Bella woke up just before 5 am today & decided she was not
going back to sleep. I was trying to think of a breakfast full of
healthy carbs that would wake me up & Bella and I would both like. We
went with whole wheat pancakes with peanut butter & "jelly" pancakes.
I usually stick with different oatmeal variations but the early rise
made me feel like I deserved a treat.

Whole Wheat Peanut Butter & "Jelly" Pancakes For Two

Whole Wheat Pancakes Pictures, Images and Photos

1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp Whole wheat flour (you canexpirement with other
types of whole grain flour)
1/2 cup milk or milk sub
2 eggs
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
Cinnamon & stevia to taste

Mix all ingrediants. Heat on a medium heat pan and flip when bubbles
beging to appear.

Jelly Topping
1/2 berries (I used blueberries)
2 packets of stevia
2 tbsp water
Mix ingredients together and heat in a sauce pan until warm. Spread
peanut butter over pancakes and drizzle with sauce.

This is one of my favorite breakfast treats. I usually save them for
when I need extra energy for a lot of cardio in the morning or days
like today when my coffee just isn't cutting it.

Plans for today so far:

Cardio + Weights
Clean house
Yoga
Maybe go shopping
Budget planning
Look around the internet for a new camera, Bella broke mine and I'm tired of cheap little $99 cameras so I'm hoping to get one for my birthday which is coming up.

No Responses to Whole Grain Peanut Butter & "Jelly" Pancakes

Leave a Reply